Sweet Potato Burgers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 70 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and baked
- 1 can (425 gram) White Butter Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 medium Zuchini (Chopped into small pieces)
- 1 Small White or Sweet Onion
- 2-4 Garlic Cloves (Depending on how much you like garlic)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Tahini
- 1 Small Chia Ball (1/2 Tablespoon chia seed + 2 Tablespoon Water, let soak for 5 minutes)
- 2 Tablespoon Hemp Seed (Optional)
- 3/4 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Small handful of fresh Cilantro (about 1/2 cup before chop) finely chop
- Large handful of fresh Spinach (about a cup before chop) finely chop
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/4-1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Flour (You can substitute your favorite such asBuckwheat, Oatmeal, Almond, Coconut, Etc)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil (for skillet)
- Vegan Buns of your Choice
Your choice such as Avacado, Tomato, Vegan Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard, Greens, Etc.
- Peel and chop Sweet Potatoes. Bake covered with foil until soft (you do not need to cook all the way) for about 35-45 minutes @ 425. Keep oven on but turn down to 200 when done.
- Once Sweet Potatoes are soft combine with Beans and mash together. I used the back of a ladle.
Saute Onion, Zuchini, and Garlic in skillet for 4-6 minutes.
- Add Onion, Zuchini, and Garlic to large bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and continue to mash and combine in large bowl:Tahini, Chia Ball, Hemp Seed, Apple Cider Vinegar, Chopped Cilantro, Chopped Spinach, Salt, Smoked Paprika, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Coconut Flour
Heat a skillet and add coconut oil. Form a "patty" in your hands with mixture to the size you want for your burgers. Once skillet is hot, sauté 2-3 minutes on each side just to brown and hold together. Continue until mixture is used up.
- Place burgers on baking sheet and pop in oven for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
Serve burgers on toasted buns with toppings and sides you wish. Fix it up just like any kind of burger you like. Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Mustard, Vegan Mayo, Ketchup, etc.
- Enjoy and Freeze the rest for another day!