The Anything (Vegan) Goes Stew
Busy week coming up? Tired of planning meals every night? Then this Stew is for you! Probably our most favorite recipe to make. Taste great and easy to make with lots of leftovers for multiple meals. Freeze half so you have a go to when you are too busy to plan a meal. Tastes even better after frozen! Great for long trips so you don't have to worry about your next meal. Take some frozen with you on your trip or camping. What is great about this Stew is you can add whatever you want. If you don't have all the ingredients, don't worry about it. If you have something not on the ingredient list, add it! We have made a number of variations to this Stew and it always tastes great! Great source of Protein, Carbs and Vitamins for the active vegan athlete.
Here it is, let us know what you think...
The Everything Stew
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 CansBlack-Eyed Peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 16oz Bag of Lentils
- 4-6 Tablespoon Hemp Seed
- 5 Chopped Roma Tomatoes
- 5 Cubed Red Potatoes
- 2 Cups Brocoli
- 2 Cups Mini Carrots or 3-4 Large Peeled Carrots Chopped
- 2 Sliced Medium Red Bell Peppers
- 2 Diced Jalapeno Peppers (Remove seeds if you do not like it HOT)
- 1 Large Chopped Onion
- 6-9 Minced Clove Garlic
- 2 Large Sliced Zucchini (or 4 Small)
- 8 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 3 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 6 Teaspoon Coriander
- Sriracha Sauce, optional (again depending on your spicy tolerance, can be added to individual bowl)
- Prepare ingredients as indicated...Chop, Slice, Mince, etc.
- Heat Coconut Oil in an 8 Quart Stock Pot and Saute Onion for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Garlic and Saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add Zucchini, Yellow Neck, Red Bell Peppers, Jalapeno and cook for 6 minutes stirring often
- Add Vegetable Stock, Black Eyed Peas, Lentil, Potatoes, Hemp Seed and all Spices. Stir/Combine
- Add Tomatoes and Brocoli to top
- Bring to a Boil
- Stir and Reduce Heat and Simmer for 10 minutes
- Let Sit for 10 minutes before Serving
- Makes approximately 12 Servings. Plenty to enjoy for several days or freeze for another week. Enjoy